Here is one of my favorite dish that I can make so far… It is Chicken Maryland with Mornay Sauce.
Chicken Maryland is usually associated with one of U.S. state of Maryland, but has other meanings from other nations, but the dish consists of fried chicken served with a cream gravy.
Here is the recipe:
- 200 grams of chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 100 grams flour
- 100 gr bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 20 ml of milk
- salt and pepper
- Seasons the chicken breasts with mustard, salt and pepper on both side, and let it stand for about 15 minutes
- Beat the egg and mix it with milk
- Roll the chicken on flour, then egg mixture, and finally in bread crumbs
- Fry it until it turns golden brown.
Now, how to make the sauce:
- 100 ml milk
- 200 ml of heavy cream
- 1/4 piece of onion
- 2 pieces of clove (optional)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 50 grams of cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Boil milk, nutmeg, and clove until it boiled
- Sauteed onion, pour milk mixture and cheese, stir it well
- Add heavy cream, salt and pepper
Foila! And it’s done!