Here is one of my favorite dish that I can make so far… It is Chicken Maryland with Mornay Sauce.
Chicken Maryland is usually associated with one of U.S. state of Maryland, but has other meanings from other nations, but the dish consists of fried chicken served with a cream gravy.
Here is the recipe:
- 200 grams of chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 100 grams flour
- 100 gr bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 20 ml of milk
- salt and pepper
- Seasons the chicken breasts with mustard, salt and pepper on both side, and let it stand for about 15 minutes
- Beat the egg and mix it with milk
- Roll the chicken on flour, then egg mixture, and finally in bread crumbs
- Fry it until it turns golden brown.
Now, how to make the sauce:
- 100 ml milk
- 200 ml of heavy cream
- 1/4 piece of onion
- 2 pieces of clove (optional)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 50 grams of cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Boil milk, nutmeg, and clove until it boiled
- Sauteed onion, pour milk mixture and cheese, stir it well
- Add heavy cream, salt and pepper
Foila! And it’s done!
In one of my cooking class (yes I take some cooking classes to kill time), I was taught to make mayonnaise by myself. It was the BEST mayonnaise I ever had (well, for me at least :D).
It was made from mustard, egg yolk, salt, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and salad oil. They are easy ingredients to get, and not that expensive too, compare to those canned mayonnaise which is sold in supermarket. The mayonnaise goes well with any kind of salad. I used it for making canape, mini sandwich and fruit salad.
Here is the recipe:
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp mustard
a pinch of salt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
100 ml salad oil
1. Put the egg yolks in the bowl, and insert lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and mustard. Stir
2. Pour salad oil gradually, after each insertion, stir it, don’t let it break apart.
3. Add salt as necessary.
And… it’s done! The resulting color will be yellow, but not as yellow as mustard.
Creations of mayonnaise, canape (left) and fruit salad (right)
I was able to have one jar of mayonnaise just by making two portions of this recipe. I hope this recipe is useful for you 🙂 Cheers!
Here I am in my first post as a blogger 🙂
Let me introduce myself. My name is Jessica Affandi, you can call me Jessica or JA. I love cooking, but if I have to choose between cooking and baking, I definitely choose baking. I love eating any kinds of food, except spicy ones as I cannot stand eating spicy things.
I am from Indonesia, but in a short time I will move to China for my study.
Hopefully, I can always post my daily experience in both cooking and eating delicious food.
Stay tune everyone! Hopefully you’ll enjoy my blog! Cheers!